Tesla Forum - Buying, Driving and Service of Tesla Car

Tesla Forum - club fans of Tesla Car

Buying, driving and service of Tesla
It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 08:55

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 10:57 
Администратор

The video presents the process of replacing the batteries on the electric car Tesla Model S:

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:00 
Администратор

Yes, spectacular. But these machines are insane. It is hard to imagine that they can be delivered in each service centre. I wonder how much time is necessary to conduct such a manipulation of handles on a normal lift?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:01 
Администратор

Well, Yes, the usual car here will not do: the feet will interfere to remove the battery pack. While on the other hand the idea can be to use the shorter legs, and for removing the battery pack you need to apply a small mobile scissor lift with a flat platform.

The scheme of replacing the batteries on the Model S is simple:
    raised Tesla Model S
    at the bottom you need to substitute mobile scissor lift;
    Unscrew the bolts that connect the battery pack with body;
    put the knife down. the lift and rolled the unit to the crane beam. If you do not make mistakes, the unit weighs about 500 kg, so no crane is a requirement.
    removed the old block and falls on the knife. lift the new unit;
    the lift rolls under the electric vehicle and install battery.

Such equipment has many services and it is not worth a lot of money.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:01 
Администратор

Well what can I say – cool. Really, if there's no background – it is very dignified. The speed of the "repair" will be a very great advantage. Agree, a minute and a half and the problem is solved, of course, I don't know the cost of replacement, but looks very impressive.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:02 
Администратор

The cost of one battery for the Tesla S in the United States, about 24000 $, replace one battery will cost 60 $ 80, at the same time on a single charge the car will travel about 490 km. And battery charging is marketed as free. So better replace the battery, even seconds, or 20 minutes of cardio?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:03 
Администратор

I wonder what Tesla Motors will do with the used batteries? Their contents are much more dangerous to the environment than the emissions of gasoline vehicles. Whether the case, if Musk will invest more in the development of environmentally friendly power sources.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:03 
Администратор

Quote:
I wonder what Tesla Motors will do with the used batteries? Their contents are much more dangerous to the environment than the emissions of gasoline vehicles. Whether the case, if Musk will invest more in the development of environmentally friendly power sources.

I agree that end-of-life batteries of electric vehicles is harmful. But now the technology exists through which the disposal of waste. They are certainly not very thorough, but surely scientific research for their improvement. In addition, the number of such batteries is very small and there is no danger they at this time can not imagine.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:05 
Администратор

And I don't understand about this replacement battery in the Tesla. Some practical questions:
    How much to pay the owner for the replacement?
    The full price of the battery?
    The price + the cost of the work?
    While leaving the old one, which still can be used?
    Where then taken away, disposed of or put to another machine?
    And what battery put it, new or used?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:06 
Администратор

The price of the replacement 0 money. The battery to further charging.
This is already being practiced in the U.S. and Europe as part of the service, and the replacement is free. But there is one thing – it's how much you need to store batteries at a gas station with a large flow of customers!!! I think the idea is temporary and works more as a marketing tool. Although, very impressive.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 11:07 
Администратор

And I've heard that the battery is warranted 8 years, during this time, it will be replaced free of charge. Don't know if this is reliable information, but if true is very cool. During such a period, rather a new version of the Tesla will take what the battery will change.