Tesla Forum - Buying, Driving and Service of Tesla Car

Tesla Forum - club fans of Tesla Car

Buying, driving and service of Tesla
It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 03:43

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2016, 09:49 
Администратор

Many motorists are wondering when choosing a car, a significant difference between Tesla Model S 60 and of 85kw. Of course, in the version of 85 will be more powerful battery, but the power consumption will be more from Tesla S60 maximum consumption of 240 kW/h, and S85 – 320 kW/h.

Here are a couple reviews from owners of the Tesla Model es tested both cars and mine who wrote his review about the difference between the 60 and 85 kW.

Quote:
Today sat behind the wheel of a Tesla 60, while my S85 was being serviced. There are many characteristics on which to compare these two cars. But I chose only some of them.
    My car: S85, spring suspension, 19-inch tires.
    Temporary: 60, air suspension, 19-inch tires.

In General, it is impossible to say exactly whether there was any significant difference in performance between the 60 and S85. Disperse at them I felt exactly the same and fast, at least up to 30 mph. It is possible that the dispersal of 60 models from 30 to 60 mph, a little slower than on my S85? If so, then I noticed: all likely that there's a difference quite insignificant.

Tesla 60 seemed a little easier, but I don't know if it's my imagination, or so there is a difference between the spring and air suspension. But on this point the difference between the models, the feeling is not great.

Other interesting details of the comparison Tesla models:
    Interestingly, the meter consumption provided even different marks: 60 model 15, 30 and 60 kW, 85 – 20, 40 and 80 kW. Well, it is, in fact, predictable because the machines of different capacity of battery.
    In the dispersal model 60 "squeal" is heard much earlier, almost immediately. At the same time, on my Tesla S85 it starts to be distributed after only a few seconds.
    The maximum power consumption at Tesla 60 – 240 kW/h, and S85 – 320 kW/h.
    Folding mirrors is really cool. On my machine there are none. When I parked, I was very surprised to see how the mirrors automatically formed. It's a really cool thing I would like to have on the car.

And another review of the comparison Model S60 and P85
Quote:
Still, given that the S60 model has a lower weight, then the initial acceleration of both cars is about the same. P85 have more power that compensates for its weight, compared to the 60 model. Someone took a test drive with the measurements of characteristics and parameters for comparison of both models?

Drove the S60 with air suspension, and I, in turn, the owner of a P85. It was a feeling that I went on two completely different machines.

60 models more dynamic ride. But she felt strongly the returns for the whole period while I was driving, I felt the texture of the road. This can be attributed to the tyres (although the 19 inch on both machines), but it turned out that this sensitivity was due to the suspension. I even inquired at the salon from the seller: can Tesla 60 did not have air suspension? To which I replied that it is not, and this model comes in basic configuration with his suspension. More likely Pneumatics it is simply calibrated differently in my Performance.

The response to the crackdown was also completely different. To move to S60, was heavier, apparently played the role of a cold battery and limit its regeneration at high temperatures.
As for the characteristic "squeal" when accelerating, to which all sin, then I drove a few cars P85 with different software. And even among the same model with different this was different. Therefore, we should not compare cars on this parameter. Perhaps it also depends on the individual settings of the car.

What do You think are significant in the difference of the cars or is an overpayment for a higher-status label?

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2016, 09:53 
Администратор

After two models of Tesla's 60 and 85 kWh put on 400 meters for comparison of speed, it turned out that the price of the base version and the version "Performance" 85 kW, which is 25 thousand dollars, provides an excellent opportunity to increase the acceleration up to hundreds for 1.2 seconds, and is 3.9 seconds. This is the essential difference.