Tesla Forum - Buying, Driving and Service of Tesla Car

Tesla Forum - club fans of Tesla Car

Buying, driving and service of Tesla
It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 03:39

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2016, 10:25 
Администратор

Study the technical equipment and configuration the Model S. One of the issues is the question of the choice of suspension: pneumatic or steel. I'm most concerned about the absence of errors and the durability of the air suspension.
    first, I would like to minimize the amount of damage the Model S – if something is wrong with the suspension, it just stops working.
    Secondly, I'm so worried because after ten years of using it as the suspension indicates the suitability of the vehicle for use or to him the road to the dump (since the repair of the air suspension in the old car unnecessarily expensive). This affects both the resale value and "use value" (in case if I don't want to sell it).
In contrast, of course, raises the question of how durable and reliable conventional suspension. The fact that the vast majority of cars today are equipped with steel suspension and related parts (springs and dampers) are relatively inexpensive and easy to handle, I think a compelling argument in favor of the steel suspension.

On the other hand can be considered such advantages of the suspension as:
    comfort (of course, each treats it differently);
    height adjustment (for driving in deep snow, dirt roads, steep roads, loading or unloading);
    automatic compensation at high load (of course, handy if you want to carry cement or bricks;
    range (reducing the ride height at higher speeds improves the aerodynamics – I would like to know how);
    noise level (is there a difference?).

Tesla Model S, apparently, was originally conceived as a model with air suspension, and steel was incorporated into the design later, perhaps to be able to offer this car at a more attractive price.

Should I now worry that the "General concept" with steel suspension in the Model S is not the original?

I have no experience with air suspension. While working on the Internet periodically there are opinions like "never again" and, conversely, "never give up". There are also of the opinion that air suspension requires less maintenance and better protected from failure than the steel suspension.

I am very interested in Your opinion about the reliability of the air suspension Tesla Model S!

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2016, 10:27 
Администратор

The experience of many car owners with the air suspension to indicate the reliability of the system compared to hydraulics, no matter it is installed on TESLA, or other car. If the time to notice its failure, and the same time "treat" it lasts as long as the machine itself.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2016, 10:28 
Администратор

The advantages of Pneumatics, in my opinion, much more than the standard hydraulic system.
    First- adjustable ground clearance, providing the required clearance between the bottom and the road surface.
    The second, smoothness of braking and acceleration, in which neither the passengers nor the driver does not feel sudden jerks.

About reliability – these systems are installed on all trucks, and Tesla Motors, I think, went on the "beaten track" and provided reliability. By the way, none of the video about the winter tests have not been complaints about the tires – and that says a lot.