Tesla Forum - Buying, Driving and Service of Tesla Car

Tesla Forum - club fans of Tesla Car

Buying, driving and service of Tesla
It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 08:53

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 07:54 
Администратор

In the prototype Tesla Model X instead of mirrors on the side of the door was a camera, this was motivated by the fact that the mirror substantially impair the aerodynamics of the car + morally.

But in the photo the new Tesla Model X can see that there are rear view mirrors, i.e. the cameras instead of them will not or is an option that must be requested when buying a car?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 07:55 
Администратор

Tesla was unable to agree on a digital camera on the door with NHTSA on all vehicles will be mirrors.
The first prototypes of the Model S was also the camera. Officials to convince them proved harder than to start a revolution in the automotive industry.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 07:57 
Администратор

admin wrote:
Tesla was unable to agree on a digital camera on the door with NHTSA on all vehicles will be mirrors.
The first prototypes of the Model S was also the camera. Officials to convince them proved harder than to start a revolution in the automotive industry.

All right, it's the basic safety rules. Any technique may fail, and to remain without side mirrors while overtaking is not acceptable. It would be like to replace the windshield a good monitor

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 08:53 
Администратор

I personally think that the idea to install cameras instead of conventional mirrors is very good. After all, the picture with the camera will probably be shown on regular 17 inch screen. Accordingly, all perfectly visible. In addition, an ordinary mirror can blind the driver when it will get from headlights behind the car.

But the good thing is that judging by the photos, the mirror Model of X will not be torn away - because it is tightly welded to the front door.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 08:54 
Администратор

I do not think that this form of mirror like the Model X will have a significant impact on aerodynamics. Well, left them in the same place, because without mirrors, the car looks like (at least for me). And additionally, you should not score on the practical side. Let's say the camera on the driver side hit the dirt. He opened the window, quickly wiped it and now all is well seen. And when the cameras will be back, you will need to specifically go.